What Type of Doctor Should I Go to in West Houston After a Car Accident?

When you’ve been injured in a car accident, suddenly you’re faced with seemingly thousands of decisions. But the first one that likely pops into your mind is what doctor you should see. 

One of the biggest questions Joe Stephens gets from clients is, “Should I go to my primary care doctor after a car wreck?” However, it’s not as easy as a yes or no question. While it doesn’t hurt to go to your primary care doctor, they likely won’t be able to provide all the insights and treatments you need for your injuries. 

Learn more about what doctor you should see after a car wreck and how to pay for your medical care. And if you’re feeling lost trying to find a doctor for your car wreck injuries, call Joe Stephens so that he can guide you through the process. 

Should I Go to My Primary Care Doctor After a Car Wreck?

You may face a wide range of medical issues due to a car wreck. Some injuries may not be something your doctor will recognize immediately or won’t know the best treatment methods. 

So the answer to “Should I go to my primary care doctor after a car wreck” really depends on your injuries. For minor sprains, your PCP may be able to put you in a splint or cast and take care of you throughout the healing process. However, some injuries are best handled by a specialist. For example, one of the most common injuries you’ll see with car wrecks is vertebral damage. A specialist will know the best exercises and therapies you can do to ease your pain and get you on the road to recovery. 

If you’re possibly injured in a car wreck, it’s best to start at emergency care such as an ER. Your injuries may be masked by adrenaline but could still do serious harm. ER doctors will evaluate you, including a check for any internal bleeding, and they’ll be able to refer you to a specialist without the extra step of a PCP visit. 

Paying for Specialist Care

One comfort of your PCP is that you have a relationship, and you know how you’ll pay. Going to a specialist can be intimidating, especially as it could lead to far more medical bills than you’d like.

The good news is that there are several ways to pay for your specialist care. The first option is personal injury protection(PIP). PIP is a part of your auto insurance that covers your medical bills caused by a car accident. This won’t affect your insurance, and you won’t need to pay it back. If you don’t have auto insurance, you can get PIP benefits from the car driver. 

However, some unknowingly sign away their PIP benefits, or their benefits run out, and they still need specialist care. This is when you’ll need to work with a well-connected West Houston lawyer like Joe Stephens. He has strong relationships with local specialists and can write a letter of protection. With this letter, you’ll pay nothing upfront. Instead, the medical expenses will come out of the settlement later on (and the medical costs will be factored into the final settlement amount). 

If You Were Injured in a Car Wreck Call West Houston Injury Attorney Joe Stephens Now

If you’ve been injured by the negligence of another, you could hire any injury law firm in Katy, TX, or you can hire a top rated auto crash lawyer in West Houston. Joe Stephens has been defending injury victims in Texas for over 3 decades from negligent individuals, companies, and greedy insurance companies. As a small injury law office in Katy, TX, Joe handles all cases personally, and his staff is always available to answer questions.

If you’ve never been injured in a car wreck before, you won’t necessarily know what doctor to see. But when you have an experienced personal injury attorney, they can direct you to the best local doctors for specialized care and even ensure your medical costs are covered. If you need help getting the treatment you need for you or a loved one’s car accident injuries, call Joe Stephens and get the advice and attention you deserve. 

The Stephens Law Firm, Car Accident Lawyers handles auto accident lawsuits across Texas, including these Houston cities.