Are you seeking tips to avoid a car accident on Houston roads? Sadly, car accidents are a regular occurrence in Space City. But if you’re a vigilant driver who takes the necessary safety precautions, you can minimize the chances of being involved in one.
Let’s talk more about what steps you can take to drive safely on Houston roads and what you can do in the unfortunate event you end up in a road accident.
How to Drive Safer in Houston
There are plenty of steps you can take to make your driving experience safer on Houston roads. Some of these relate to how you drive and interact with other drivers, while others relate to the safety conditions of your vehicle.
Here are eight top tips on how to drive safer in Houston:
- Drive in good conditions. Severe weather conditions like high winds and storms seriously reduce your control over your vehicle and increase the risk of accidents. Plan in advance and avoid setting out if bad weather is in the forecast.
- Avoid the fast lane. Accidents on motorways occur most frequently in the left lane because people are traveling faster, and there are fewer exit routes. Stick to the slower lanes if you can.
- Keep your car in good condition. Many road accidents occur not because of bad driving but because of bad vehicles. Issues like worn brakes or worn-out tires have the potential to cause you to lose control of your vehicle, so make sure you get your car serviced regularly.
- Judge drivers by their cars. If the cars around you don’t look like they’re in good shape, that can reflect poorly on their drivers and suggest that they’re not as responsible as you. Take extra care driving near these vehicles.
- Exercise caution at intersections. Over 800 people were in fatal car crashes in intersections or intersection-related incidents. With vehicles and pedestrians coming from multiple directions, intersections can be one of the riskiest places on Houston roads.
- Keep facing forward. Don’t get distracted by signs and objects in your periphery. Keep looking forward at all times so that you’ll have plenty of time to brake or get out of the way if anything happens in front of you.
- Know your car. All cars perform differently depending on the speed and the terrain. For example, some become much more difficult to handle above a certain speed. Be aware of the limits of your vehicle and try to avoid taking any risks with these as best you can.
- Drive in the day. Night-time driving is difficult for all manner of reasons—it’s harder to see; you’re likely to be more tired, and some drivers may be less risk-averse because the motorway is clearer. Avoid driving at this time if you can.
If You Were Injured While Driving in Houston, Call Accident Attorney Joe Stephens
Although you may be following these tips on how to drive safer in Houston, some drivers will be less responsible than you, and you could end up in a collision with them.
If you’ve been injured by the negligence of another, you could hire any car accident law firm near you, or you can hire a top rated vehicle accident lawyer in Houston, TX. Joe Stephens has been defending injury victims in Texas for over 3 decades from negligent individuals, companies, and greedy insurance companies. As a client focused vehicle accident lawyer in Katy, TX, Joe handles all cases personally, and his staff is always available to answer questions.
If you’ve suffered an injury from these accidents and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.
Call auto accident attorney Joe Stephens now for an auto accident attorney in Houston, TX, with a strong reputation working hard for clients. The Stephens Law firm won’t stop until we get you satisfactory outcomes.
Don’t delay – get in touch with Joe Stephens now to give yourself the best chance at getting the compensation you deserve.
The Stephens Law Firm, Car Accident Lawyers handles auto accident lawsuits across Texas, including these Houston cities.