West Houston Road Rage Car Accident Lawyer
Road rage is one of the leading causes of vehicle accidents, surprising as that may seem. This is because angry drivers are more likely to drive recklessly, making poor decisions. In many cases, angry drivers intentionally take dangerous driving actions, such as pulling up close to another car’s bumper or hitting the brakes in front of a car as acts of intimidation.
Road rage accidents happen frequently on the freeways or highways, where it is most dangerous. There are more vehicles on these roads, which means a road rage accident episode can cause a multiple car pile-up. This can result in many injuries and a major issue with the authorities.
Tips for Preventing Road Rage Car Wrecks
Our team of auto accident attorneys knows that the best way to deal with road rage accidents is to try to prevent them. There are two main scenarios when it comes to road rage: either you are experiencing road rage or another driver is. And, there are ways to deal with both situations.
If Another Driver is Experiencing Road Rage
Dealing with an angry driver can be intimidating and even scary. Road rage actions can include:
- Being passed on the wrong side
- Being tailgated
- Being hemmed in
- Being cut off
- Having a driver shout and swear at you
There are a few correct ways to handle the situation. They are:
- If possible, remove yourself from the scenario by slowing down your car or exiting the roadway at the next opportunity.
- If you are pursued, head to a busy parking lot where you won’t be alone, or go to a police station.
- Do not retaliate as this will only escalate a situation. Pull your car over until you have calmed yourself if necessary.
- It is always best to stand down. If a driver’s behavior isn’t acceptable, you can take down their registration details and report them to the police.
Road rage can end in serious car accidents or meaningless personal attacks. For this reason, it’s best to avoid these situations rather than engage.
If You Find Yourself Getting Road Rage
Other drivers can sometimes do senseless things on the road and this can be frustrating. However, there is never an excuse to engage in acts of road rage. You need to adopt the right attitude when you are on the roads. This means taking views like:
- Driving from A to B is not a competitive activity
- It is best to stay calm and focus on arriving at your destination safely
- Confrontation on the roads achieves little and may well put you in harm’s way
- We are all human, and it is best to treat each other with respect on the roads
- It is safest to use your turn signals so as not to surprise other drivers
- Leaving plenty of room between you and other cars when in traffic, and when changing lanes is sensible and safer
- Drive at the speed limit, not too far over it or under it
- Tailgating is dangerous for both vehicles
If you find road rage is a problem for you, it may be a good idea to work with a life coach or therapist to work through the issue.
If You Were Injured in a Road Rage Car Wreck Call West Houston Injury Attorney Joe Stephens Now
Road rage is never acceptable, and it certainly should never prevent you from arriving home to be with your family. If you have been the victim of a road rage accident, we can help you sort out the matter calmly and properly. Joe Stephens Law Firm is here to help you or a loved one navigate the aftermath that comes with being injured or involved in a car wreck in Texas.
If you’ve been injured by the negligence of another, you could hire any auto crash lawyer in Katy, or you can hire a West Houston attorney that is dedicated to car accident litigation. Joe Stephens has been defending injury victims in Texas for over 3 decades from negligent individuals, companies, and greedy insurance companies. As a small Katy personal injury legal team, Joe handles all cases personally, and his staff is always available to answer questions.
The Stephens Law Firm, Car Accident Lawyers handles auto accident lawsuits across Texas, including these Houston cities.