Highway Construction Truck Accident Lawyer in Houston
If your vehicle has been in a collision with a commercial truck or an 18-wheeler near a highway construction site, you can feel stuck in a rut. How can you get your family to safety and take care of your car at the same time?
In Houston, an average of 11 fatal big truck accidents happens weekly, according to the Houston Chronicle. Highway construction zones are hazardous and increase the risk of collisions. In these situations, besides getting to the hospital, you should be looking to find an experienced Houston vehicle crash lawyer for your potential truck crash case.
What Causes a Highway Construction Truck Accident?
There are various reasons why a highway construction truck crash could happen. The top six are:
- Incomplete signage Little to no signage around these areas doesn’t give motorists adequate time to brake or reduce their speed while approaching a construction truck or site, leading to accidents.
- Weather conditions Poor weather can lead to accidents as the construction firm might not plan appropriately for the various dangers of adverse weather conditions. It could result in construction sites and the surrounding areas becoming accident-prone.
- Ignore or sidestep safety regulations The highway construction firm could sub-contract the construction site to third-party construction firms that don’t follow proper safety measures resulting in fatal accidents.
- High-speed traffic Highways with high speed limits near construction sites do not bode well. It means that the slightest error, such as placing road markers in the wrong areas, could lead to accidents.
- Sharp bends or curves without proper marking These also can lead to fatal incidents. Sometimes, the signage might have worn out. In such cases, the motorist might suddenly come upon the highway construction site and at high speed, leading to an accident.
What Compensation Can I Receive as a Trucking Accident Victim?
In Texas, there are various legal options for victims of a truck accident. You can receive compensation for any of the following:
- Loss in earning capacity in the past and future
- Mental and physical anguish in the past and future
- Physical injuries or impairment
- Survival damages
- Wrongful death
- Punitive or exemplary damage in rare cases
- Medical expenses (reasonable and necessary) in the past and future
Why Hire a Truck Wreck Attorney?
Most big rig firms have insurance policies that protect them from claims of negligence, wrongful death, and personal injuries. These policies can run into seven-figure amounts, and so it can be quite challenging to get the trucking company to pay on your claim.
In instances where the fleet owners pay, they usually pay little amounts. To prevent this from happening, you need an experienced truck accident injury lawyer in Houston who understands all the various nuances of dealing with trucking companies. You shouldn’t be hiring a law firm that’s learning about the industry on your truck crash case.
Call One of the Best Truck Accident Lawyers in Houston
Sometimes, these accidents are unavoidable, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have options. At Joe Stephens Law, we understand how frustrating these situations can be, and we aim to help innocent victims with their claim. Book a free initial consultation with some of Houston’s best attorneys and determine all the options available to you.
Local Houston Truck Injury Lawyer Near You
We Handle Truck Accident Injury Cases in These Houston Areas
Trucking Industry & Truck Driver Resources
VIEW OUR PREVIOUS CLIENT