Finding the Best Lawyer for Sideswipe Car Accidents in West Houston
Are you looking to find the best lawyer for sideswipe car accidents in West Houston? Being in a sideswipe collision on the road can be a terrifying experience. Often, collisions like these happen in a split second with no warning.
In West Houston, where traffic congestion and high speeds combine, drivers are at risk every day.
If you are involved in a sideswipe collision in West Houston, know that you are not alone. You may not even be at fault. This costly, damaging, and potentially traumatic experience is when you need to call a sideswipe lawyer in West Houston. At Joe Stephens, we help you fight for justice and accountability.
Why You Need a Good West Houston Sideswipe Attorney
Why do you need a good West Houston sideswipe attorney? Likely, a claim and potential lawsuit will immediately follow after your accident. The truth is, your actions following this event are crucial to your claim.
This situation is where your attorney comes in to fight for your rights. A good West Houston attorney will protect your rights and keep you from accepting less than you deserve.
Many times, insurance will step in and aggressively push a settlement. A lawyer will step in and ensure you don’t end up settling for an outcome that isn’t in your best interest.
It’s true that after an accident, you may want all the worry and anxiety to be over, and a settlement might look like an appealing choice. However, if you accept without an attorney, you may be out of options if your medical conditions worsen or your car later shows signs of previously undiscovered damage.
A good West Houston sideswipe attorney knows how to handle these cases from start to finish and will represent your best interests until the very end—and you don’t have to commit until you’re ready. Before you take the leap, call for a free consultation to better understand how Joe Stephens can help you.
If you’ve been injured by the negligence of another, you could hire any personal injury lawyer near you, or you can hire a West Houston lawyer that is dedicated to auto wreck claims. Joe Stephens has been defending injury victims in Texas for over 3 decades from negligent individuals, companies, and greedy insurance companies. As a veteran vehicle wreck law firm in Katy, TX, Joe handles all cases personally, and his staff is always available to answer questions.
Causes of a Sideswipe Accident
A sideswipe accident occurs when two vehicles traveling in the same or opposite directions make side contact. These types of accidents may damage your mirror or side door, but they can also cause severe injuries to all parties involved.
Situations that can be considered a sideswipe accident include:
- A vehicle strikes a fixed object like a barrier wall or a median, which can cause the driver to lose control and hit a stationary vehicle in traffic.
- A driver attempts to avoid a rear-end collision by swerving into another lane, failing to see another driver in that lane, which can cause an accident.
Examples of negligent driving that could result in a sideswipe collision include:
- Texting and driving: In the state of Texas, texting while driving is illegal. This is because it visually, cognitively, and manually distracts the driver, which could result in a life-changing collision.
- Blind spots: If a driver doesn’t adjust or check their mirrors appropriately before changing lanes, they are at risk of hitting a vehicle hiding in their blind spot, especially if that vehicle is a small motorcycle.
- Drunk driving: According to a 2021 study, Texas ranked the fourth worst state for drunk driving. Although campaigns and strict laws across the nation warn of the dangers of driving drunk, still, many people drink and drive and cause irrevocable damage.
If You or a Loved One Have Been Injured in a Sideswipe Car Wreck In Texas, Call Auto Accident Attorney Joe Stephens Now.
It isn’t fair for you to pay high medical bills because of the actions of another driver. All drivers, whether from Texas or out of state, are responsible for controlling their vehicles at all times.
Suffering from the injuries and trauma of being in a sideswipe collision is more than enough for you to bear, and you shouldn’t have to deal with the financial burden of your accident as well. Call accident attorney Joe Stevens to get you back up on your feet and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
The Stephens Law Firm, Car Accident Lawyers handles auto accident lawsuits across Texas, including these Houston cities.