Accidents that involve commercial trucks involve a completely different set of issues than typical auto accidents. Our semi truck accident law firm in West Houston understands the ins and outs of big truck and 18-wheeler accidents. Commercial truck accidents can be costly, but we aim to provide the best service when you get in a truck wreck.
Truck Accident Risk Factors
The following are a few factors that contribute to most 18-wheeler crashes where negligence is to blame:
- Brake issues
- Traffic congestion
- Drug use
- Issues with roadways
- Running stop signs or crosswalks
- Lack of surveillance
- Driver fatigue
Truck Accident Statistics
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported the following statistics:
- Almost 5,000 fatalities occurred from a big rig or bus collision in the US in 2017.
- Of all the traffic deaths caused by commercial trucks in 2016, 17% were large truck occupants, and 72% were occupants of other vehicles.
Most casualties in truck crash accidents are not the operator of the large vehicle. It is the pedestrians and occupants of other motor vehicles on the road who suffer.
Who Is Liable For a Truck Wreck?
Fault can fall on many parties, such as:
- Tractor manufacturer — Manufacturing defects
- Tractor maintenance provider — Equipment failure
- Trucking company — Improper training on the job
- The rig driver — Drug or alcohol use
- Distributor — Improper packing
- Shipping service provider — Poorly balanced loads
- Government — Poor road maintenance
There are several parties involved with big rig accidents. We’ll get to the bottom of it and find who the responsible party is.
What Do I Need for a Successful Big Rig Accident Case?
When litigating a commercial truck wreck, most law firms don’t understand where to begin. These investigations can get daunting and expensive, and it’s essential to know what to expect when investigating these cases.
When you contact the best vehicle collision lawyer in West Houston, we’ll investigate your case thoroughly to determine the cause of the accident and build your compensation case:
- We will analyze the rig in its post-accident condition. Our experts review this information to see the vehicle’s operations at the time of the accident.
- We also analyze how many responsible parties are potentially liable and how many insurance coverage lines there are. Sometimes, the tractor and trailer are under ownership by two separate companies, leading to two companies being responsible for your injuries.
- We will take the time to figure out why the big rig crashed using subject experts.
- We’ll also investigate trucking logs, maintenance records, hiring and employment records, training, certifications, and several other factors to prove the cause of the 18-wheeler accident.
West Houston Negligent Hiring Truck Accident Attorney
Call an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers in West Houston Today
We understand you need an experienced attorney to help you fight the fleet companies’ legal defense teams. Some truck accidents are tragically fatal and people get seriously injured or even lose their lives, if you lost a loved one due to a truck accident, contact a winning accidental death law firm in West Houston to help you claim the compensation you deserve. We work hard to prove the real cause of the accident and get you your compensation promptly. As an experienced truck accident lawyers in West Houston, we promise to do our duty and be tough advocates for truck accident victims injured through others’ negligent actions.
Trucking Industry & Truck Driver Resources